segunda-feira, 1 de janeiro de 2018

Jethro Tull


The Broadsword and the Beast

Ian Anderson – vocals, flute, Fairlight CMI, acoustic guitar
Martin Barre – electric & acoustic guitars
Peter Vettese – keyboards, piano, synthesizer, vocals
Dave Pegg – bass guitar, mandolin, vocals
Gerry Conway – drums and percussion

The cover art is by renowned artist Iain McCaig, long time fan of Jethro Tull. The art was made after a talk with Ian Anderson, and tried to capture the concept of the music. McCaig has stated that he intentionally drew hidden "easter eggs" in the album art. The runic symbols around the edge of the cover are from the Cirth rune system and are the opening lyrics to Broadsword:
I see a dark sail on the horizon, set under a black cloud that hides the sun. Bring me my broadsword and clear understanding. Bring me my cross of gold as a talisman. The album was going to be called Beastie, responding to the first track on side one. But during production the band deliberated over the preference between Beastie and Broadsword, the first track on side two. In the end they decided (as on Aqualung) to give each side its own title and thus its own identity, and this time to combine both in the album title. As the artwork also puts much more emphasis on Broadsword, many owners and fans also refer to it as the Broadsword album.

Lyrics.

I see a dark sail on the horizon set under a black
cloud that hides the sun.
Bring me my broadsword and clear understanding.
Bring me my cross of gold as a talisman.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bring me my broadsword and clear understanding.
Bring me my cross of gold as a talisman.
Bless with a hard heart those who surround me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind. Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on for the motherland.























Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário